Crazy day. Again. Can’t I ever have a normal day?

.flickr-photo { border: solid 2px #000000; }.flickr-yourcomment { }.flickr-frame { text-align: left; padding: 3px; }.flickr-caption { font-size: 0.8em; margin-top: 0px; }

So last night, Edda had a fever and we gave her some Tylenol and she went to bed. But at about 1 am, she woke up with a pretty high fever and was shaking, so Jeremy ran out and took her to a 24 hour clinic just down the street and the doctor there gave her a suppository to bring the fever down and something else to prevent the possibility of a seizure. She came home and slept well.

But all today, we gave her the Motrin and the Tylenol, but her fever always hovered around 103. She finally was in enough distress that we took her again to the 24 hour clinic and they told us to take her right to the hospital. So we took her back to our lovely Children’s Hospital. Luckily, I was able to snag my neighbor to take care of Vince. She was actually going to a Chinese New Year Party and said that it was fine to take Vince with her. We went to the hospital, spent a long time waiting for Edda to pee so they could do a urine test. (Picture is of Jeremy and Edda in the waiting room trying to get her to drink more water so she’ll pee.) Turns out she has a urinary tract infection. Poor girl!

Anyways, we got home, Vince came home as well- had a fabulous time riding in a car (he told Auntie, “I love cars”) and apparently he loves this beef noodle dish with gravy and didn’t want to come home. Edda after her antibiotics perked right up and feels so good, she’s still up at 11:00 pm.

3 thoughts on “Crazy day. Again. Can’t I ever have a normal day?”

  1. we call you last night and no answer. You guys took Edda to hospital. Is she getting better now?

    Take care.

    I have some headache. daddy said I over worked for the party. I am going to rest for while should be OK.

  2. Edda is fine and dandy now that she’s been on antibiotics. I just wanted to also say that the hospital was wonderful! We spent 4 hours there, most of the time we were waiting for Edda to pee so they could do the urine test. The whole thing, urinalysis the doctor consulatation and all the medication in the Emergeny Room came to a total of US 40 dollars. Can you believe it?

Leave a Reply